This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Cannot Parse Trace File

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Hi,

I am trying to use the tool to test my WCF service. I have created a trace file by amending the web.config settings and a trace file is being created ok. I then use the tool using the wizard in VS 2008 and when I click the parse button, the window closes and it just displays the Add Test window only. No error is being displayed.

My service is a restful one and all of my service calls use webHttpBinding using JSON, can the tool test these? Am I missing something simple.

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Kevin

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2010 at 9:30 AM

No it does not support this at the moment. I am currently looking at this to see what can be done.

Regards

Rob

Jul 6, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I get the same behavior...(when clicking the Parse button, the wizard exists and I am returned to the Add New Test dialog.)

Mine is NOT a restful service; am using basicHttpBinding, and most of the service operations accept a DataContract argument.  Could I perhaps upload/send my generated .svclog file somewhere?

Jul 6, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I get the same behavior...(when clicking the Parse button, the wizard exists and I am returned to the Add New Test dialog.)

Mine is NOT a restful service; am using basicHttpBinding, and most of the service operations accept a DataContract argument.  Could I perhaps upload/send my generated .svclog file somewhere?

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2010 at 8:11 AM
Please contact me via the constacts page and we can arrange to get a message log sent to me. Please note that my replies may be slow for the next few dats. Please do check that you have a message log and not a trace by checking carefully exactly which diagnostic settings you set. Regards Rob
Aug 17, 2010 at 11:01 PM
I am having the same problem. I am not able to use the wizard or the command line utility.
Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been on holiday. Is this a RESTful service? If not please contact me via the contacts page and we can arrange to get a message log sent to me.

Regards

Rob

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:19 AM
Nope, not a restful service; But I'm wondering if you have me confused
with someone else...I had already sent you a message log, and we had a
few to and fro messages going...
--Shawn.

On 8/23/10, robjarratt <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: robjarratt
>
> Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been on holiday. Is this a RESTful
> service? If not please contact me via the contacts page and we can arrange
> to get a message log sent to me.RegardsRob
>
>
Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Sorry for any confusion: My reply was addressed to a later poster on this thread: carethik2k