Load Test from the Command Line

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Hello

We are running Visual Studio Professional but would like to use the Load Testing functionality in this tool, I see references that this can still be done but must be done from the command line, could anyone expand on this or point me to the documentation?  I have been hunting around all morning and haven't seen where this is discussed.  I see plenty of info on using the command line for setting up the proxys etc and have done this but nothing on generating the load tests.

Thanks for your time and ideas.

Patrick

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2011 at 4:53 PM

The tool will generate unit tests for you that you can then include in load tests, you have to create the actual load tests yourself. However, you should be aware that Visual Studio Professional does not have load testing as a feature, in 2010 you need the Ultimate edition to be able to run load tests.

The WCF Load Test tool also has a wizard to make it easier to use, this is only available with Ultimate, but this still means it only creates unit tests which are suitable for inclusion in load tests, you still need to define the load tests yourself.

I hope this helps. If I have not understood the question or not answered something please let me know.

Regards

Rob

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Hi

I've done all teh steps as per the guide. but when I try to integrate Unit tests in load test, it says "no tests available to pick"

i'm using Ultimate vs2010. I do have the generated tests. 

Please help

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2012 at 1:39 AM

It is hard to know what might be wrong without seeing your solution. Have you compiled the generated code and included the generated code in the Test Project?

Regards

Rob