This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Cannot create wcf test

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to create a wcf test but after I selected the assemblies and clicked on the finish button I got the following error message: "The message log file did not contain any usable data. Please make sure that LogMessageAtServiceLevel and LogEntireMessage are set".

I checked that LogMessageAtServiceLevel and LogEntireMessage are set, but it still not working.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Ronen 

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Have you checked the contents of the log file? There are two possible things that come to mind:

1. Make sure you used the message log and not the trace file.

2. Make sure the message log was correctly flushed before using it, it could be that the log is incomplete.

Regards

Rob

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Thanks for your replying.

1. I'm using the log file, otherwise the wizard warns that it a trace file instead of log file.

2. How can I see that log was correctly flushed?

Thanks,

Ronen

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Just open the file in Notepad (unless it is very big) and check that it looks well formed. If it is not too big perhaps you could post the contents.

Regards

Rob

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Hi Rob,

How do I know if it well formed?

BTW it is 4MB, so I cannot post it. is there any way to send you the file?

Thanks,

Ronen

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I only meant that it looks like well-formed XML (although it does not have a root node). One more thing to check is this: Make sure you tell the wizard whether it is a client or server-side trace, if you tell the wizard it is a client trace and it is really a server-side trace, or vice versa, then you will see this error.

Regards

Rob

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM

It looks like well formed XML.

I signed it as client because it is a client log.

Someone told me about possible conflict in th config file, do you know something about that? is there any limit of logs configuration?

I mean is there any combination that i should not set?

Thanks,

Ronen 

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I am not sure I understand the comment about a possible conflict in the config file. If you want to contact me via the People page we can arrange for you to send me your message log. It may take me a day or so to get to dealing with it though.

Regards

Rob

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:31 AM

OK,

How can i send you the log via the people page? I did not see any option to attache file.

Thanks,

Ronen

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2011 at 10:26 AM

By replying to this email J

Regards

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Consulting Services

Microsoft Ltd.

Tel.: +44 (118) 909 4923

email: mailto:rjarratt@microsoft.com

blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/mcsuksoldev

This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do not open any attachment, and please contact the sender (details above) immediately.

Information in this email is provided in good faith. If you are a customer of Microsoft, please refer to the terms and conditions which cover the provision of support and consulting services to you/your organization. If you are not corresponding in the course of, or in connection with a Microsoft contract or programme with its own terms and conditions, please note that no liability is accepted by Microsoft for the contents of this mail.

Microsoft Limited (company number 01624297) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading. RG6 1WG

We are hiring! View the latest jobs in Microsoft Services. Find out more about working for Microsoft..

Sent: 27 July 2011 10:32
To: Rob Jarratt (MCS UK)
Subject: Re: Cannot create wcf test [WCFLoadTest:265862]

OK,

How can i send you the log via the people page? I did not see any option to attache file.

Thanks,

Ronen

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Hi Rob,

The message log file is attached.

Thanks,

Ronen

Logo_RGB

(Formerly Lavie TimeTech)

Ronen Elisha

Automation QA Engineer

Tel. +972-3-568-2222 | Fax. + 972-3-561-7070 | Mobile +972-54-744-9882

ronen.elisha@synerionhcm.com | www.synerionhcm.com

cid:BF376E43-177F-4F6E-A056-225A000A1B8F

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:26 PM
To: ronen.e@synerionhcm.com

Regards

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Ltd.

This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do not open any attachment, and please contact the sender (details above) immediately.

Information in this email is provided in good faith. If you are a customer of Microsoft, please refer to the terms and conditions which cover the provision of support and consulting services to you/your organization. If you are not corresponding in the course of, or in connection with a Microsoft contract or programme with its own terms and conditions, please note that no liability is accepted by Microsoft for the contents of this mail.

Microsoft Limited (company number 01624297) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading. RG6 1WG

We are hiring! View the latest jobs in Microsoft Services. Find out more about working for Microsoft..

OK,

Thanks,

Ronen

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Your log file does not seem to have made it, or you forgot to attach it. Please also remind me of the problem

Thanks

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Ltd.

Sent: 27 July 2011 12:33

Hi Rob,

Thanks,

Ronen

Logo_RGB

Ronen Elisha

Automation QA Engineer

Regards

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Ltd.

OK,

Thanks,

Ronen

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Hi Rob,

Probably the file was terminated by security policy.

I zipped it to rar file. Hope it will pass now.

The original problem is:

I'm trying to create a wcf test by using the wizard.

I captured the message log file by executing the client.

I saw that the soap actions were parsed.

I selected the assemblies and after I clicked on the finish button, I got the following message:

"The message log file did not contain any usable data. Please make sure that LogMessageAtServiceLevel and LogEntireMessage are set".

I tried to create the log file manually by using the wcf trace, but I got the same error message.

The error message screen shot is also attached.

Thanks,

Ronen

Logo_RGB

Ronen Elisha

Automation QA Engineer

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:59 PM

Your log file does not seem to have made it, or you forgot to attach it. Please also remind me of the problem

Thanks

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Ltd.

Hi Rob,

Thanks,

Ronen

Logo_RGB

Ronen Elisha

Automation QA Engineer

Regards

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Ltd.

OK,

Thanks,

Ronen

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2011 at 1:31 PM

It is still not there. I think you may be emailing via CodePlex. Please email it directly to rjarratt@microsoft.com, try zip first again.

Regards

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Ltd.

Sent: 27 July 2011 14:20

Hi Rob,

Probably the file was terminated by security policy.

I zipped it to rar file. Hope it will pass now.

The original problem is:

I'm trying to create a wcf test by using the wizard.

I captured the message log file by executing the client.

I saw that the soap actions were parsed.

I selected the assemblies and after I clicked on the finish button, I got the following message:

"The message log file did not contain any usable data. Please make sure that LogMessageAtServiceLevel and LogEntireMessage are set".

I tried to create the log file manually by using the wcf trace, but I got the same error message.

The error message screen shot is also attached.

Thanks,

Ronen

Logo_RGB

Ronen Elisha

Automation QA Engineer

Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:59 PM

Thanks

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Ltd.

Hi Rob,

Thanks,

Ronen

Logo_RGB

Ronen Elisha

Automation QA Engineer

Regards

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Ltd.

OK,

Thanks,

Ronen