The message Logfile didnot contain any usable data

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Hello ,

I am new to the community , i downloaded the beta version of wcfloadtest , i am trying to use the load test wizard to genertae the unit test , i am using the client program which was build to test the wcf services , in the wizard i am selecting execute a clinet radio button and browsing the .exe path and i am clicking on run button , it open the client and i am exercising the cluient with couple of services , after selecting next i am seeing all the soap actions i exercised through client , in the final step i am adding the assemblies , when all the steps are done i am clinking finish , when i click finish i am seeing the below error

"The message log file didnot conation any usable data. Please make sure that logMessageAt ServiceLevel and LogEntireMessage are set" dialogue box , please can you assist me in troubleshooting this issue

Thanks,

Ramesh

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

That is very odd. Are you sure you are selecting at least one of the SOAP actions (by checking the check boxes) in the dialog that lists the SOAP actions?

Regards

Rob

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Yes , i selected the one of the soap actions in the third step , if my execuatble is not correct then i wouldnt have seein any of the soap action list correct ?

do you think is this selecting wrong assembly problem ?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 4:06 AM

I don't think this error can be caused by choosing the wrong assembly. What kind of contract is the client using?

The next thing would be to configure the client by hand and collect the message log manually. Try passing that to the wizard instead and take a look at the message log contents.

Regards

Rob

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

the client using the service contacts and data contracts , here is the steps i am performing please advise if i am doing wrongly

1) Launching the Microsoft VisualStudio 2010

2) Under test tab selecting add new test button and then selecting wcf load test , it opens the wizard 

3) giving the client program path in the executable ( .exe file is locally copied on my machine ) 

4) After Clicking RUN button it invokes the client program and i am exercising the couple of wcf service and exit the client

5) Next button is visble on the wizard after clickingh next i am seeing the soap acations which i exercised using client in previous steps 

6) selecting all the soap action and clicking next button take me to adding assembly step after adding the assembly i am clicking finish button 

Thanks,

Ramesh

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Sorry, I meant what kind of binding, not contract, are you using? Also, what kind of client is it? Is it WPF, WinForms, Silverlight, does it use REST etc. I still think the next step is to collect and process the message log manually.

Regards

Rob

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM

we are using endpoint address binding ( VIP ) , it is winform client , i will try to capture the message log manually and process it see what happens , in the mean time the step i posted in my previous post are correct ?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Sorry, but I am not sure I understand what binding you are using, can you post the section of the app.config file that has your WCF config?

The steps you posted look fine to me.

Regards

Rob