This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Cannot Add Load Test

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:58 PM
The Tutorial's Exercise 4, step 2, asks one to select Add -> Load Test. There is no Load Test option in my solution. There are only Ordered Test, Unit Test, Unit Test Wizard, and WCF Test. Did the installer not do something? How can I incorporate the load test template and whatever else is necessary?

I'm using Visual Studio 2008, Version 9.0.21022.8 RTM, with .Net Framework 3.5 on XP Professional SP2.
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2008 at 9:21 PM
Which edition of Visual Studio 2008 are you using? To get load tests you need the Team Test Edition or Team Suite.
Nov 26, 2008 at 8:28 PM
I am facing the same problem. Were you able to resolve the issue, if so can u pls share the resolution.

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2008 at 9:13 PM
The other person who reported this seemed to be using the correct edition, but it looked as if the setup was somehow incorrect. Check which edition you have installed and that you have installed the load testing feature.
Dec 16, 2008 at 12:24 AM
Interesting. I just did a post reporting the same issue when I could not find the expected "Load Test" add-in in Excercise 4. I am running Team Suite, so it should have installed.

However, I also installed Visual Studio 2005 AFTER I installed Visual Studio 2008 Team Suite and suspect my problem could be there.
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 7:23 AM
I thought your other post was talking about the WCF Load Test tool, did you mean the Visual Studio Load Test feature instead (i.e. can you create other load tests or not?).
Dec 16, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Edited Dec 16, 2008 at 3:27 PM
My other post was talking about WCF Loadtest downloaded from Codeplex. We need this tool because the native VS 2008 Team Suite does not support WinForms testing. However, I ran into the same problem in Excercise 4 described in this post. I.e., there is no "Load Test" installed in my IDE, so I am assuming there there was a problem with the install, although it did not report an error and appeared to go to a clean EOJ.
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 3:52 PM
Unfortunately I don't know the answer to this. I will ask around to see if someone else knows the answer.
Dec 18, 2008 at 1:47 PM
First verify from Help | About menu that you have team suite or team test installed. If so, try running repair from setup.
Dec 20, 2008 at 3:48 AM
I have Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Develpment Edition installed. Is this the correct version?
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2008 at 8:46 AM
The Load Test feature of Visual Studio is not in the Development Edition. You need the Test Edition or Team Suite, there is a feature comparison here: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/products/teamsystem/default.mspx#compare_products
Jan 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM
I have run web tests before on my installation and I now wanted to run a load test against my WCF services.  I installed the MSI package included with this software and I can confirm that those test templates are now gone from the list.  The ones missing are: Web Test and Load Test.  I'm going to work on restoring those templates (hopefully I don't have to re-install VS2008) and I'll let you know what happens.