This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

ws-security Actions

Feb 11, 2009 at 2:49 PM
hi,
my service is secured at message level. So at the svclog file there are ws-security actions like "...trust/rst/Issue".
when generating unit tests with WcfUnit.exe, which takes scenario, <trace file> , config a parameters,  it doesnt know where to find this action.
I guess u know the message, "Could not find method for SOAP action ".............trust/RST/Issue" check that the right ...."
how should I tell it abt these security actions ?

thanks..
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 8:21 AM
If you are using the wizard it will list all the actions in a dialog and you can exclude those actions.

If you are using the command line tool check the usage notes document. This tells you where in the config file to add the list of SOAP actions. You can choose either to exclude the listed actions or to include them, which you choose depends on which is easier for you.

I hope this helps.
Feb 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM
thanks.. it helped but not enough.
I have to include ws-security actions, then I think I should also add an assembly that can meet those soap actions.
I tried to add system.servicemodel.dll to the assembly list but I got same error. as far as I know serviceModel assembly contains everything needed for ws security ?
what else to add into the assembly list ?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2009 at 11:46 AM
If you want to include WS-Security that is fine, but don't do it by trying to include them from the trace and adding the assembly. That will not work and is not how the tool is intended to be used. The tool is intended to work with application service calls only. If I understand your scenario correctly this is what you should do:

1. Capture the trace, filtering out any WS-Security messages
2. Amend the stub code and the config file used by the test to use the appropriate binding.

It is the explicit intention of the stub file to allow for this sort of customisation.

I hope this helps, please reply if you have further questions.