Visual Studio Ultimate French and WCF Load Test template

Dec 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Hi, I'm working in a french environement with VS 2010 Ultimate french edition. After WCF Load Test installation, i can't see WCF Load Test template in my C# test project. Only the command line tool is installed.

I tryed both version of WCF Load Test (3.0 et 4.0).

Does WCF Load test integration in Visual Studio supports other langage than english?

Thanks
Carl
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I don't think we ever tested it in another language, so I don't really know.

Having said that I have looked at the source and can't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

If you install from the command line and capture a setup log using the msiexec command that might help to see what could be going wrong.

Regards

Rob
Dec 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Hi Rob,

I found that WcfUnit10.zip is missing in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp\1036\" (VS 2010 utlimate french installation)

In a english setup, WcfUnit10.zip is prensent in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp\1033\"

I tried these commands to copy and install WcfUnit10.zip in the 1036 sub directory :
copy WcfUnit10.zip "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp\1036"
"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /installvstemplates
"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /setup

Wcf Load Test template is still missing in the new test panel.

Regards

Carl
Dec 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM
My mistake, these steps is working :

copy WcfUnit10.zip "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp\1036"
"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /installvstemplates
"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /setup

But installation file don't copy the WcfUnit10.zip in a non-english setup.

Thanks

Carl
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Hello Carl,

Thank you for your investigations. I have looked more closely and realised that you are right, it won't install correctly for non-English versions of Visual Studio. You can fix this by hand by copying the zip file to the correct location for your language which is:

Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp\<number>

You then need to run the following commands which are normally run by the installer:

devenv/installvstemplates
devenv/setup

I hope this helps

Regards

Rob