This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

MessageLog Trace file not recognized

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:58 AM

I've a WCF web application. I enabled message log as described in the usage doc. The website application uses the proxy client generated using the svcuitl.exe.  I browsed through the web site and message log got generated. Now when I choose this message log trace file in the capture trace wizard for WCF load test tool, it says it is not a valid trace file. But the website application consumes lot of the service methods.

I have the following clarifications

- Does the tool support message trace file generated when the application invokes the service methods using the proxy client generated by svcutil

- or does it support only if it is added as service reference in the consuming web application?

Please help.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Please check that you are using the message log file rather than the trace file, I have caused some confusion by mixing up the terminology a little. If you look in the documentation you will see from the screen shots in the service config editor which file you are supposed to use. If you still have problems please send me the message log you are using.

Regards

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Consulting Services

Microsoft Ltd.

Tel.: +44 (118) 909 4923

mailto:rjarratt@microsoft.com

This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do not open any attachment, and please contact the sender (details above) immediately.

Information in this email is provided in good faith. If you are a customer of Microsoft, please refer to the terms and conditions which cover the provision of support and consulting services to you/your organization. If you are not corresponding in the course of, or in connection with a Microsoft contract or programme with its own terms and conditions, please note that no liability is accepted by Microsoft for the contents of this mail.

Microsoft Limited (company number 01624297) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading. RG6 1WG

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:36 AM

Thanks Rob: For the sample application I’m now able to generate the unit test by using the message log file.

For one of my application I generated the message log file using the same procedure.

But its giving me the same error.

Please find in the attachment the message log file and screen shot.

Please help me solve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Seena L.S.

Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 1:04 PM
To: Seena Latha Sasidharan
Subject: Re: MessageLog Trace file not recognized [WCFLoadTest:77065]

Please check that you are using the message log file rather than the trace file, I have caused some confusion by mixing up the terminology a little. If you look in the documentation you will see from the screen shots in the service config editor which file you are supposed to use. If you still have problems please send me the message log you are using.

Regards

Rob

Robert Jarratt

Senior Consultant

Microsoft Consulting Services

Microsoft Ltd.

Tel.: +44 (118) 909 4923

mailto:rjarratt@microsoft.com

This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do not open any attachment, and please contact the sender (details above) immediately.

Information in this email is provided in good faith. If you are a customer of Microsoft, please refer to the terms and conditions which cover the provision of support and consulting services to you/your organization. If you are not corresponding in the course of, or in connection with a Microsoft contract or programme with its own terms and conditions, please note that no liability is accepted by Microsoft for the contents of this mail.

Microsoft Limited (company number 01624297) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading. RG6 1WG

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WCFLoadTest@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email WCFLoadTest@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, I have been very busy. I am not sure if you have resolved this, but the trace you sent me is a server-side trace and you have to enable the server-side option to be able to read it.

Regards

Rob