Just released --> WCF Load Test Version 3.0 (Beta) for Visual Studio 2010
This release is a minor update with a few bug fixes and with support for integration into
Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Edition
. The release maintains the beta tag because it has not been widely tested prior to release. The main bug fixes are:
- Fixed bug with contracts that have an empty namespace.
- Added support for one-way operations.
- Terminology change from "Trace" to "Message Log" to be consistent with WCF terminology.
After this release the code will be converted to .NET 4, so the next release will only work with Visual Studio 2010. This is the last release that will work with Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008.
This tool takes a WCF trace file and a WCF client proxy, or a WCF interface contract, and generates a C# unit test that replays the same sequence of calls found
Visual Studio ALM Rangers
This guidance was created in a Visual Studio ALM Ranger project. VS ALM Rangers is a special group with members from the Visual Studio Product Team and Microsoft Services. Their mission is to provide out of band solutions for missing features or guidance.
WCF Load Test Version 3.0 (Beta) for Visual Studio 2008
The WCF Load Test for VS 2008 adds support for ASMX web services. Download it from
The tool has the following main features:
- Replay of captured scenario in a unit test that can be included in a load test.
- Support for the DataContractSerializer.
- Support for message contracts.
- ASMX support (beta)
- Support for proxies generated using svcutil.
- Support for clients that create proxies at run time from contract interfaces.
- Supports calls to multiple services in a single scenario.
- Supports multiple calls to the same service operation.
- Filtering by SOAP action of which messages in the trace to replay.
- Readable and modifiable code is generated.
- Automatic association of trace message with proxy method (requires all operations to have a unique SOAP action).
- Support for client and server side traces.
- A command line tool for processing traces and generating code.
- Visual Studio 2005/2008 integration (Team Developer, Team Test, Team Suite and for 2008 also Professional)) that can be used instead of the command line tool.