Just released --> Visual Studio 2010 beta
This tool takes a WCF trace file and a WCF client proxy, or a WCF interface contract, and generates a C# unit test that replays the same sequence of calls found
Visual Studio ALM Rangers
This guidance was created in a Visual Studio ALM Ranger project. VS ALM Rangers is a special group with members from the Visual Studio Product Team and Microsoft Services. Their mission is to provide out of band solutions for missing features or guidance.
Latest Release June 2009
A new beta was released in June 2009 adding support for ASMX web services. Download it from
The tool has the following main features:
- Replay of captured scenario in a unit test that can be included in a load test.
- Support for the DataContractSerializer.
- Support for message contracts.
- ASMX support (beta)
- Support for proxies generated using svcutil.
- Support for clients that create proxies at run time from contract interfaces.
- Supports calls to multiple services in a single scenario.
- Supports multiple calls to the same service operation.
- Filtering by SOAP action of which messages in the trace to replay.
- Readable and modifiable code is generated.
- Automatic association of trace message with proxy method (requires all operations to have a unique SOAP action).
- Support for client and server side traces.
- A command line tool for processing traces and generating code.
- Visual Studio 2005/2008 integration (Team Developer, Team Test, Team Suite and for 2008 also Professional)) that can be used instead of the command line tool.