Cannot create test: Invalid id ''...?

Nov 8, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Hi all.

I try to create a new WCF test and have added a trace file, parsed it and added the contract assembly.

When I click 'Finish' in the wizard I get a "Test generation error" saying: "Invalid id ''. Must not be null or empty."

Can anyone give me a hint where to look?

Best regards,

Goran

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Sounds like a bug. Please contact me via the contacts page, but I will need a copy of the message log and the contract assembly(ies)

Regards

Rob

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm getting the same error and was wondering whether you were able to resolve it way back in 2010.  Is this project even still running and supported?

Coordinator
Aug 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I don't recall getting any information for a repro. If you are able to share information with me to help me to repro the problem then I will do my best to help. I will probably need the message log you are using and the contract assemblies, if you are prepared to send them to me then we can work to resolve the problem.

I do still intend to maintain this tool, but my focus has been elsewhere for a while. I should have a bit more time to dedicate to this tool soon. I plan to bring it up to date to work with .NET 4 assemblies and to fix any important bugs.

Regards

Rob