Cannot parse trace - invalid namespace soap envelope

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Hello, I'm getting an error when attempting to parse any trace file (client or server). It is stating that the soap envelope's namespace of http://schemas.microsoft.com/2004/06/ServiceModel/Management/MessageTrace is invalid.
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Can you send me a repro (trace file and assembly(ies))?
Jul 22, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Was there a resolution to this issue as i'm seeing the same issue here. :-(

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Apologies for not posting the response. In this case I seem to remember that it was due to my not being careful with my terminology. When I refer to a trace, what I really mean is WCF message log. If you look carefully at the screen shots in the usage notes document you will see that the instructions are telling you to collect a WCF message log, not a WCF trace.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Rob

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Rob,

Thanks for the fast reponse.

What happened is that the first request I made was to browse to the service via ie. I then had to stop the website to flush the trace to the log (Is there a better way to do this?) I think this first request to the service definition page has caused my issue!!!  :-)

Coordinator
Jul 22, 2009 at 11:55 AM

You could try setting the autoflush setting on the trace listener so keep the file as up to date as possible.

I would be interested to see your trace file if you think you have some other things in the message log. You can send it to me by contacting me through the contacts page.

Regards

Rob