This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Lab Error: Excercise 4, Step 10

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:58 AM
I am getting the following error in Lab Excersize 4, Step 10 when running the load test:

"Error LoadTest1 WcfLoadTestClient The load test results database could not be opened.  Check that the load test results database specified by the connect string for your Test Controller (or local machine) specifies a database that contains the load test schema and that is currently available.  For more information, see the Visual Studio Team System help topic 'About the Load Test Results Store'.   The connection error was: The ConnectionString property has not been initialized." 

I'm new to this, so don't have any idea what this is. I didn't see anything in the lab that talked about configuring a load test database.

Also, I was confused about the lab excercise when stating that I needed to select an appropriate warm up time time and test duration. What is a "warm up time"?
Dec 26, 2008 at 8:20 PM
Never mind... found the problem. Related to the Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition install. I am running SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition and, thereefore, did not load SQL Express as it would be redundate. It appears the install expexted this in order to create the Load Database. However, I was able to load it into SQL Server manually... the lab ran to a good EOJ after that.
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2009 at 9:35 AM
If you don't want the results to be posted to the database at all you can disable this. To do so look for the "Storage Type" property under your run settings.