Trace did not contain any calls to WCF

Apr 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM
I get "Trace did not contain any calls to WCF" when I click on parse during adding a new wcf test.  Is this becuase I am using basicHttpBinding?  does that have anything to do with it.   I tried with both "Client" and "Service" option during parsing.  I also tried putting trace settings(system.diagnostic) in client config file and in service config file but the result is same.  

Every time I bring up my web application and perform some activity it makes a wcf call.  I do see the trace file groweing as I do the activity on web app. 

Your help will be greately appreciated. This seems like a awesome tool and would like to use to generate some tests.

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 2:07 PM
Please check the uasge notes document carefully and check that you have satisfied all the criteria for how to collect the trace. If you are satisfied with that contact me via the People page of the project and send me the trace file in question.

Thanks

Rob
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 7:22 AM
We resolved this situation after some private exchanges and I thought it would be worth sharing the solution. The problem is that I have been a little lax in the use of some terminology. When I talk about a "trace" file, what I really mean, in WCF terms, is the message log file. So when you obtain a trace file, make sure that it is the one that contains the WCF message log.
Sep 29, 2010 at 10:59 AM

I encountered the same problem but I think this situation is different.

I collected WCF Client and server message log, but i get "Trace did not contain any calls to WCF" message when I click on Parse during adding a new wcf test.

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Make sure that it really is a message log and not a trace and that the client/service settings in the dialog match the type of message log you have. If all that looks OK then please contact me via the People tab and be prepared to send me your message log file.

Regards

Rob