This beta release adds support for working with ASMX web services. It also includes many minor enhancements and bug fixes that have been reported since the first major release in January 2008. The release contains an installer, all the sources, documentation on how to install and use the tool (including how to build it), all the sources and a lab.
The main new feature is support for ASMX web services. The tool uses WCF’s ability to interoperate with ASMX web services to test these services. A WCF proxy must be generated from the web service’s WSDL for the tool to be able to work, but the trace does not need to come from a WCF client, the tool now also supports reading pre-captured traces collected using Fiddler2.
There have been numerous other changes and fixes, the more significant ones are:
- Source code is now a Visual Studio 2008 project
- Support for custom trace file parsers.
- Now handles classes derived from a generic collection.
- Streams are now supported on data contracts and message contracts.
- Tool now continues to run even if it fails to find a method in the referenced assemblies.
- Support for out and ref parameters has been added.
- Timed comments (command line only)
- Derived types using KnownType/XmlInclude attribute are now supported.
- Fixed bug where array elements were assigned sub classes of the element type.
- Fixed bug with certain types (e.g. DateTime) used as type parameters in generic collections and dictionaries.